Parents, Students, and Community:
As part of our school safety plan, we had a lockdown drill on December 16. It was planned more than a month previous, it was organized in coordination with the Weber County Sheriff's Department, and it was designed to prepare and educate the faculty, staff, and student body how to respond in case of an actual emergency. If you or your students have any feedback from the drill, or any questions, please let us know.
Fremont High School exists to provide a safe environment to:
- Educate students in our community
- Nurture a passion for learning
- Create enrichment opportunities
- Help students explore future career possibilities
We are here to:
- Develop and use critical thinking in and out of class
- Create a motivational environment for discovery, growth, and purpose
- Engage in meaningful enrichment opportunities to discover strengths beyond the textbook
- Use productive communication to build positive relationships throughout the educational and professional communities
School Commitment to Student Learning:
- Student learning is the focus of Fremont High School. This includes Utah State Standards, core academics, co-curricular activities, and various other skills, including personal accountability, respect, character, exploration, and leadership. We have a guaranteed and viable curriculum that is taught in each of our classes and is based on state standards.
- Students who are demonstrating competency in these areas are identified by assessment, frequent monitoring, feedback and good choices, and they have the opportunity to explore other advanced prospects for learning. We expect that ALL students will graduate and work toward college and career readiness.
- Students who require extra assistance in meeting identified standards will be provided extra time during the week for immediate, specific intervention. We spend an extraordinary amount of time and resources to examine data to inform instruction and believe that students learn at different paces and in different ways.
- Fremont teachers are committed to being prepared with lessons, activities, projects and assignments that are relevant to the curriculum and will enhance student learning at all levels.
- Fremont teachers are committed to frequent monitoring of student progress and communicating progress with students and parents, updating grades regularly.
- Fremont teachers are committed to helping students improve in the subjects they teach.
- Fremont teachers are committed to holding students responsible for their learning as well as providing encouragement for sustained performance using engagement and best practice.
- Fremont teachers are committed to giving their best efforts each day, conducting themselves in a way that contributes to a safe, orderly, and respectful educational environment.
- Fremont teachers are committed to supporting school groups and activities.
- Fremont teachers are committed to supporting the school's mission and vision to set goals for student achievement at Fremont and to encourage post-high school education.
- Fremont teachers are committed to maintaining rigorous educational standards within their classrooms to help students be career and college ready and community contributors.